2 pages of writing (double spaces)- NO titles, paragraph titles, pictures, graphs, etc!. No extra spaces between paragraphs. Front is Times New Roman size 12 with only 1″ margins all around. There must be a separate page that list the used resources with the website link. Please use 1-2 quotes that are in “”.
Complete a 2-3-page paper in which you describe both sides of an issue in the “culture wars” and its historical context. Write as an historian – give a balanced account that is critical of both sides. Use at least two primary sources to support your examples.
Here are some resources to help ( you can use other sources just NOT Wiki)….
- Mintz, S., & McNeil, S. (2013). Overview of the 1970-2000 Era. Retrieved from Digital History website:http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/era.cfm?eraID=19&smtID=1
Click on Textbook tab and read the following webpages:
- The Reagan Revolution
- The Gipper
- The Celebration of Wealth
- A Remarkable Ideological Turnaround
- The Reagan Revolution in Perspective
- Annenberg Foundation. (1992). Pat Buchanan’s “Culture War” speech. Retrieved from http://www.learner.org/courses/amerhistory/resource_archive/resource.php?unitChoice=21&ThemeNum=1&resourceType=2&resourceID=10155
- Cartoonist Group. (n.d.). The Ronald Reagan comics and cartoons. Retrieved from http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/subject/The-Ronald+Reagan-Comics-and-Cartoons-by-Nick+Anderson’s+Editorial+Cartoons.php
- Cox, H. (1995). The warring visions of the religious right. The Atlantic. Retrieved from http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/95nov/warring/warring.htm
- Fordham University. (1994). Modern history sourcebook: Margaret Thatcher: Salute to President Reagan, 1994. Retrieved fromhttp://www.fordham.edu/Halsall/mod/1994thatcher.asp
- Reagan, R. (1981). First inaugural address. Retrieved from The American Presidency Project website: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43130#axzz1qKn6q39S
- Annenberg Foundation. (2012). Contemporary history. Retrieved from http://www.learner.org/biographyofamerica/prog25/index.html
- Bunch, W. (2011). Five myths about Ronald Reagan’s legacy. Washington Post. Retrieved from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/04/AR2011020403104.html
- Chavez, C. (1984). Address before the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco. Retrieved fromhttp://chavez.cde.ca.gov/ModelCurriculum/teachers/Lessons/resources/documents/Commonwealth_Club_SanFrancisco_11-9-84.pdf
- Robergs, P. C. (2004). Debt, lies and inflation. National Review. Retrieved from http://old.nationalreview.com/reagan/roberts200406101413.asp