As acting Dean, you have been asked to prepare for the upcoming budget season. The faculty in the department have been asking for increases to hire additional TA’s. In order to support or deny their request, you will need to analyze the school’s budget. Choose a budget from a higher education institution that is available online and create a presentation that analyzes the budget.
Be sure to include the following components:
- Revenues and expenditures- Include the key types of revenues and how much money is received as well as expenditures and how much is spent on each.
- Fiscal trends- Determine how the revenues and expenditures changed over the last 10 years.
- Budget model- Describe the model used by your institution. Include the strengths and limitations of the model.
- Simplicity of budget- Determine how the budget documents are presented. Is it easy to read? Are there any suggestions for improvement?
- Identify which program areas are emphasized. What does the budget reveal about the school’s priorities?
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists and should cite material appropriately. You may add audio to your slides, but it is not required.
Support your presentation with at least three scholarly resources.
Length: Presentation of 12 slides (with a separate title and reference slides). Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide in notes