Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Wednesday, responses due by Sunday
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Wednesday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Sunday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Channel management includes creating a process for selling and servicing products. Channel management goes beyond just deciding how to get a product to a customer. Channel management is also an opportunity to differentiate a product in the marketplace and can be seen as a competitive strategy.
Primary Task Response:Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Review the following article about channel management: http://www.gtms-inc.com/What-is-Channel-Management-Anyway_ep_88.html
- Next, read the case study titled, Channel management and differentiation strategies: A case study from the market for fresh product, about channel management and differentiation at: http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/7869/1/cp070038.pdf.
- Based on your customer segments and profiles, discuss the following with your colleagues:
- Define a channel management strategy for 1 of your customer groups.
- What are 2 goals of your strategy for this segment?
- Brainstorm 1 idea about how the company can support your customer segment with a customer program, such as cooperative advertising incentives, a promotion, product training, etc.