SBE420 Week 7 Entrepreneur Interview
Interview with an Entrepreneur
DUE DATE: Midnight Sunday, the end of week 7.
ASSIGNMENT: Visit a locally owned business and interview an entrepreneur. You may have to get on the telephone and make some calls or send some emails. Tell them that you are a college student and need 10 minutes of their time. People are almost always happy to help a student! Using the below sample questions as a guide, interview the entrepreneur asking questions from topics in this class. Summarize the results of your interview and relate the information received in the interview to what we have learned in the class in a 3-4 page paper (12-point, double spaced) using APA style and formatting. At the end of your paper, please give full contact information for your interviewee including name, company name, telephone and email address). No credit will be given without this information,
Sample Interview Questions
1. How long have you been an entrepreneur?
2. How would you characterize yourself?
3. What made you decide to go into business for yourself?
4. Do you have a business plan? What did you learn while building your plan?
5. Who are your competitors?
6. Do you advertise? If so, what media do you use?
7. How did you decide on your location?
8. How many employees do you have? How many are full-time? How many are part-time?
9. What do you look for in employees when you hire?
10. What questions do you ask in an interview?
11. What paperwork is involved in running this business?
12. Do you do your own accounting?
13. How many vendors do you order from?
14. What risks does your business face? How do you mitigate those risks?
15. How long has this company been in business?
16. How is your business financed? Why did you choose that method of financing?
17. What have been your biggest challenges in owning your own business?