Legislative Bill Copy
As you have discovered through this course, nurses are
influential members of the community and the political system. Therefore, for
the purposes of this assignment you will identify a problem or concern in your
community, organization, etc. that has the capacity to be legislated. You will
conduct research and state a proposal. Through the legislative process, your
proposal for the problem or concern may influence an idea for change into a
First, refer to the “How a Bill Becomes a Law” media.
This is the link to the script below copy and paste in the tool bar and it will
bring up the scenario for this assignment
Legislative Worksheet (SBAR Format) –
How a Bill Becomes a Law
SITUATION: IS THIS SOMETHING THAN CAN BE LEGISLATED?
- Identify the problem/concern:
- State your proposal/idea.
BACKGROUND: DO YOUR RESEARCH
- Include studies, reports, personal experience, or
anecdotal stories related to your proposal.
- Has there been similar legislation introduced and/or
passed in other states? If so, include it.
ASSESSMENT: FINANCES AND STAKEHOLDERS
- Identify financial impact if any (e.g., added costs, cost
savings, increased revenue):
- Identify stakeholder groups that would support this bill:
- Identify people/groups that would oppose this bill:
- Make an appointment with your legislator to discuss your