For this assignment, you will assume the role of the Chief Financial Officer of a higher education institution by presenting the budget committee’s recommendations to the President about what the priorities are for the upcoming year. Create a prioritized list of activities/programs for funding.
Your presentation should include the following background information:
Type of institution, student demographics, degrees offered, mission/vision, previous year’s budget, funding sources, current tuition, and fees.
Be sure your presentation addresses the following questions:
- Where will the funding come from?
- What will be funded in the new budget?
- What mandates exist that must be funded?
- How did you prioritize the requests?
- What additional strategies could be used to fund the needed programs?
Be sure to relate the choices to the mission of the institution and the vision it projects for its program.
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.