Quality Performance Reporting
There are organizations that evaluate the quality and performance of healthcare organizations. In this assignment, you will report on one such organization. (Do not use CMS quality reports.) The facilitator will assign each student one of the following organizations. (Note: If you do not have access to the for-fee sites, you will be assigned one of the free sites.)
Here is the site that i need to do:
Health Care Choices http://www.healthcarechoices.org/
Research the organization assigned to you. Write a report about the organization including the following:
- Describe the ownership and structure of the organization, such as public or private, and the scope of services provided.
- List and describe the types of healthcare facilities and services that are evaluated.
- Explain the criteria or methodology utilized to measure quality or performance.
- Describe the intended audience for the quality reports. Is there a fee to view the reports? Is the Web site the only method of accessing this material?
- Assess the validity or reliability of this service. If there is any difficulty in assessing, comment on it.
- Describe your overall impression of the organization, the service, and the usefulness of the Web site. Does your impression change if you think from the perspective of a consumer instead of a provider?
Write a 4-page report on the organization. Format the report in APA style.
Explain what you learned from another quality reporting process.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Described the organization and the types of facilities and services it evaluates.||4|
|Examined the criteria or methodology used to measure quality or performance.||12|
|Described the target audience and accessibility of information.||4|
|Assessed the validity and reliability of the site.||12|
|Evaluated the organization from the perspective of a consumer and a provider and compared evaluations.||12|
|Commented on learning from another quality reporting process.||8|
|Participated in the discussion by asking questions, providing statements of clarification, providing points of view with rationale, challenging points of discussion, or making relationships between one and more points of the discussion.||12|
|Applied APA standards for writing style, spelling, grammar, and citation of sources.||4|